STEM education broken down
STEM education is a multi-discipline based concept that involves at least two of the following: Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. Typically this involves running projects and experiments that involve these areas to help better understand various concepts. It encourages people to think about what they can do with the knowledge that they have which is particularly important when dealing with the daily complexities we face.
Benefits to students
- Prepares students for upcoming technological innovation - it teaches students to be proactive about technology and technological innovations they will undoubtedly experience in their lifetime.
- Teaches teamwork, collaboration, and communication - through working in teams with people of different personalities and abilities
- Fosters a love of learning - a passion and drive to learn is instilled in students and can lead them to believe in their abilities
- Greater understanding of concepts - Students need to engage and apply concepts in a deeper, more thorough way, leading to a greater understanding of the concept.
- Instills creativity and innovation - This cross functional learning drives curiosity and further leads to creativity